Here is a snapshot of the piece in question:
Not in any particular order:
- Never quilt in straight lines. It's hard to do, is less interesting and when you miss, it is noticible.
- Don't contrast difficulty. Sewing around a tight circle with a contrasting thread highlights the mistakes.
- Think in layers; sew in layers; quilt in layers. It's just more interesting.
- Never make all the decisions up front. that's the part that keeps you interested and engaged.
- When the work gets tedious, go slowly.
- When the work gets tedious or boring, break it into small segments
- Reward completion. Wine is good!
- When the work is done, walk away.
That's all for now.
Linking to Nina-Marie