Saturday, August 11, 2018

100 Days Project


100 Days Project is a simple creativity project 

that requires one thing, every day for 100 days.


This intrigued me on a number of levels. Though I realized I could be setting myself up for failure depending on how complex or not I designed the project for myself. For starters I wouldn't even be home for 100 days in a row. And I didn't want to make 100 things. So in the end my construct was as follows.

  1. For each day I was home, I would work in The Lab (my nickname for my sewing studio.)
  2. I would only use materials I had on hand.
  3. Each piece I created would include hand stitching.
  4. I would use as a base, canvases that I had painted in the last few years.
  5. My work would be collage like.
  6. I would experiment with all types of tools for mark making.

Fragments 1 
-includes painted canvas, hand dyed and discharged cloth, 
computer generated and stenciled cloth.
fine tip marker and machine and hand stitching


Fragments 2
-includes painted canvas, hand dyed and discharged cloth, stenciled cloth.
fine tip marker and machine and hand stitching



Linking to Off the Wall Friday

No comments: